The title of this recipe alone is enough to encourage thoughts of cosy autumn evenings and eager salivations! This warming, hearty dish is sure to bring some light into your home as the nights get colder and darker.
This recipe is enough to feed six, perfect for larger families or ideal to reheat for lunch the following day.
- 4 tbsp of olive oil
- 1kg of pork shoulder, diced
- 20g of cubed butter
- 4 leeks, trim and slice thickly
- 4 crushed garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp of plain flour
- 500ml of your favourite dry cider
- 400ml of chicken stock
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ small bunch parsley, chopped finely
- A small bunch sage, leave 5 of the leaves whole and chop the rest
- 200ml of single cream
- 400g of Maris Piper or King Edward potatoes
- 400g of sweet potatoes